Note: At the request of the reader, today's Xiaobian introduces the characteristics of ethyl acetate and the safety measures and emergency disposal principles for reference.
|Special warning||Highly flammable, it has a stimulating effect on eyes, nose and throat.|
| A colorless, clear liquid with an aromatic odor and a volatile nature. Slightly soluble in water, soluble in most organic solvents such as alcohol, ketone, ether, chloroform. Molecular weight 88.10, melting point - 83.6 Â° C, boiling point 77.2 Â° C, relative density (water = 1) 0.90, relative vapor density (air = 1) 3.04, saturated vapor pressure 10.1 kPa (20 Â° C), combustion heat 2244.2 kJ / mol, critical temperature 250.1 Â° C, critical pressure 3.83 MPa, octanol / water partition coefficient 0.73, flash point -4 Â° C, ignition temperature 426.7 Â° C, explosion limit 2.2% ~ 11.5% (volume ratio). |
Main use: Widely used, mainly used as solvent, and used in the synthesis of dyes and some pharmaceutical intermediates.
| Dangerous |
| [flame and explosion hazard] |
Highly flammable, its vapor is mixed with air to form an explosive mixture. In case of fire, high heat can cause fire and explosion. Contact with oxidant reacts violently. Vapor is heavier than air, spreads along the ground and tends to accumulate in low-lying areas, and will ignite in case of fire.
It has a stimulating effect on eyes, nose and throat. High concentration of inhalation can cause progressive anesthesia, acute pulmonary edema, liver and kidney damage. Continued inhalation can cause respiratory paralysis. Mistakes can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, etc. It has a sensitizing effect, causing bleeding gums due to vascular and neurological disorders; it can cause eczema-like dermatitis.
Chronic effects; long-term exposure to this product can sometimes cause corneal opacity, secondary anemia, leukocytosis and so on.
Occupational exposure limit: PC-TWA (time-weighted average allowable concentration) (mg/m 3 ): 200; PC-STEL (short-time contact allowable concentration) (mg/m 3 ): 300.
| Ann |
| ã€General requirementsã€‘ |
Operators must be specially trained to have knowledge and operational capabilities for fire protection, explosion protection, anti-static accidents and prevention of occupational diseases, and strictly abide by the operating procedures.
The production process is closed and fully ventilated. Prevent ethyl acetate vapor from leaking into the workplace air; set up a flammable gas detection alarm in a place where ethyl acetate is present or using ethyl acetate, and interlock with emergency ventilation. Do not allow exposure to high temperatures and open flames. Wear self-priming filter-type gas masks and anti-static overalls when exposed to vapors. Wear latex gloves. Smoking is prohibited at the job site. After work, bathe and change clothes. Pay attention to personal hygiene. A positive pressure self-contained air respirator should be worn during emergency rescue or evacuation. Wear chemical safety glasses. Safety showers and eyewash equipment are provided.
Containers and equipment such as storage tanks shall be provided with a level gauge and a thermometer, and shall be equipped with safety devices with liquid level, temperature remote transmission record and alarm function.
Avoid contact with strong oxidants, acids, and alkalis.
Safety warning signs should be set in the production and storage areas. It is forbidden to use mechanical equipment and tools that are prone to sparks. When entering the workplace, remove static electricity from your body.
(1) Ethyl acetate is extremely volatile, and a portable flammable gas detection alarm device should be provided in a region where a large amount of ethyl acetate is present or a person operating with ethyl acetate.
(2) The flow rate in the control pipe during filling is less than 3m/s, and there is a good grounding device to prevent static electricity accumulation.
(3) Avoid placing the container in a temperature-controlled environment to avoid leakage and explosion.
(4) Micro-negative pressure operation should be adopted in the production equipment to avoid vapor leakage.
(1) Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. The temperature in the warehouse should not exceed 30 Â°C. Keep the container sealed.
(2) It should be stored separately from oxidants, acids, alkalis and food chemicals, and should not be mixed. The lighting, ventilation and other facilities in the warehouse should be explosion-proof and the switch should be installed outdoors. Equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire equipment. It is forbidden to use mechanical equipment and tools that are prone to sparks. Regularly check for leaks. The storage area should be equipped with leak emergency equipment and suitable containment materials.
(1) The transport vehicle shall have a dangerous cargo transport sign and a satellite positioning device with a driving record function. Without the approval of the public security organ, the transport vehicle shall not enter the restricted traffic area of â€‹â€‹the dangerous chemicals transport vehicle.
(2) The tank (tank) used in transportation should have a grounding chain, and a hole partition can be arranged in the tank to reduce the static electricity generated by the shock. Transport vehicles should be equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire-fighting equipment and leakage emergency treatment equipment. The vehicle exhaust pipe carrying the item must be equipped with a fire-blocking device, and it is forbidden to use mechanical equipment and tools that are prone to sparks. It is strictly forbidden to mix and transport with oxidants, acids, alkalis, food chemicals, etc. Explosion-proof sun, rain and high temperature during transportation. Keep away from fire, heat and high temperature areas during stopovers, and do not stay in residential areas and densely populated areas. It is best to transport in the hot and cold seasons.
| should |
| ã€first-aidã€‘ |
Inhalation: Move patient to fresh air. Keep the airway open and give oxygen if breathing is difficult. If breathing, heartbeat stops, give cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Seek medical attention.
Ingestion: Drink plenty of warm water and induce vomiting. Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention if you feel uncomfortable.
Eye contact: Immediately lift eyelids and rinse thoroughly with plenty of running water or saline for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
ã€Fire fighting methodsã€‘
Use anti-solvent foam, carbon dioxide, dry powder, sand to extinguish the fire. Fire extinguishing with water is not effective, but water can be used to keep the container cool in the fire.
[Leakage emergency disposal]
Eliminate all ignition sources. The warning zone is delineated according to the influence area of â€‹â€‹liquid flow and vapor diffusion, and the unrelated personnel are evacuated from the crosswind and the upwind to the safe zone. It is recommended that emergency personnel wear a self-contained air breathing apparatus and wear an anti-static suit. All equipment used in the work should be grounded. Do not touch or cross spills. Cut off the source of the leak as much as possible. Prevent spills from entering water bodies, sewers, basements, or confined spaces. Small spill: Absorb with sand or other non-combustible materials. Collect absorbent material using a clean, non-sparking tool. A large number of leaks: building dikes or digging pits. Cover with foam to reduce evaporation. Water spray reduces evaporation but does not reduce the flammability of spills in confined spaces. Transfer to the tank truck or special collector with an explosion-proof pump. Spray water disperses the vapor and dilutes the liquid spill.
As an emergency precaution, the leak isolation distance is at least 50m. If there is a large amount of leakage, the initial evacuation distance of the downwind direction should be at least 300m.
(Source: China Chemical Safety Association)
[Editor: Chen Guofang]
Good things not only need to be collected, but also don't forget to share friends!
1.Our Polycarbonate Sheet,tiles will not be broken within 10 years under the weather and impact strength. Yellowing index and transmittance loss will not exceed the value defined by warranty;
2.We guarantee for the surface of pc sheet not caused collateral damage due to hail impact, but our guarantee not including the damage caused by other impacts such as scratches, abrasions, exposure, self-storage, transportation, handling and improper installation, physical and chemical changes occur.
Transparent Polycarbonate Sheet Price,Transparent Polycarbonate Slat,Transparent Polycarbonate Sheet Greenhouse,Transparent Roof Sheet
FOSHAN KASO BUILDING MATERIAL CO.,LTD , https://www.kasocover.com